Kaikōura Health Care Ltd
Terms and Conditions of Trade
The following Terms of Trade apply to services provided by Kaikōura Health Care Ltd to its patients. By use of the Kaikōura Health Care Ltd services, I hereby agree to the Terms of Trade.
We provide a PAY on the DAY service:
It is expected that all services are paid for on the day they are provided, as per the Price List displayed at the Reception Desk – invoices will no longer be mailed to patients.
We are here to help. Enrolled patients, who are concerned about their ability to pay, should discuss this with our financial administrator or office manager. We would prefer to have a plan in place which is acceptable and manageable, rather than spend time chasing outstanding accounts.
We reserve the right to ask for payment on arrival (before a service is provided, to ensure payment) this may apply to:
- Visitors (non-enrolled patients- casual New Zealand and overseas visitors)
- Those who have an outstanding account
- Those who have had a previous debt with us
Missed appointments: Any person who does not attend their appointment, without giving reasonable notice or reason, will be required to pay for the missed appointment at the usual consultation rate.
- No staff member of Kaikōura Health Care Ltd may agree to any terms other than as written in this contract.
- Prices include GST unless otherwise stated.
- Prices quoted for services may be adjusted from time to time, and the customer hereby agrees to pay any such adjusted price, e.g. in instances where cost of goods increases, government surcharges increases, errors or omissions by Kaikōura Health Care Ltd or its representatives.
- All accounts are payable in full immediately after consultation. If an account is not paid within 45 days after consultation, Kaikōura Health Care Ltd may refer outstanding fees to a debt recovery agency.
- Payment shall be accepted in the form of cash, cheque, eftpos, credit card, direct credit or direct debit.
- Those who do not pay on the day will:
- have a late payment fee of $10 applied to their account.
- be reminded that they left without paying and that a $10 late payment fee has been added to the account (this will be removed if payment is received by close of business the following day).
- receive a follow-up after 7 days if the account remains unpaid; and after 14 days, another $10 will be added to the account, to cover administrative costs.
- if the account remains unpaid for more than 45 days the account may be referred to a debt recovery agency and will incur debt recovery fees. This may affect your future ability to get credit at banks and/or hire-purchase at retail businesses.
- Kaikōura Health Care Ltd may withhold further provision of non-urgent services where there is any outstanding amount due.
- Costs incurred to recover outstanding monies will be charged to the customer.
- Termination of the contract may apply where there is non-payment without prejudice to any claims Kaikōura Health Care Ltd may possess.
- No goods supplied by Kaikōura Health Care Ltd may be returned for credit.
- Supply of goods for personal use will be covered by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Variations to the Terms of Trade may occur from time to time, and Kaikōura Health Care Ltd will notify the patient by way of invoice – receipt of which shall be deemed to be acceptance by the patient.
- Kaikōura Health Care Ltd may disclose my personal information in order to provide credit references to other agencies that request them, and for debt collection, repossession, credit reporting and other similar purposes.
- Kaikōura Health Care Ltd agrees not to use or disclose any information more than is reasonably necessary in the circumstances for its genuine business purposes.